Zoom 3G+ modem issues

symbiotsymbiot
Hi,

We recently purchased a Serverscheck monitoring appliance w/ a ZOOM 3G+ modem 4595.

The issue I am having is getting the modem to work with the appliance. After much work ( the appliance finally recognized the modem and was able to start the installer however it sits at "detecting device" .

Any ideas why this is happening, could this be a defective modem? (GSM sim is installed)

Thanks

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    The drivers of the complimentary Zoom modem are preinstalled and shouldn't be installed.

Do you get the modem listed on the COM ports on the Device Manager?
  • symbiotsymbiot
    driver was not auto detected, unit asked for location that i provided: program file3gresourcei38s32bit

I just did a reboot since the installer was "detecting device" for close to an hour without doing anything...i now see 2 modems in device manager each with a different com port 5 & 6

(note there were no modems prior to install)

modems listed as : HSPADaraCard USB modem 1 and 2

the zoom application is auto-starting with windows - it says modem detected but sits at starting

confused
    The zoom application shouldn't be reunning.

Remove modem and check if modems are listed or not. If not, then plug modem back in and note the COM port it is assigned.

That is the one you need

Can you confirm model number of the Zoom modem as being 4595?
  • symbiotsymbiot
    ok thanks

I will remove software and try again and advise, btw

where are the pre-installed drivers on the unit?

also, sorry the model is a zoom 4598

thanks
    seems like you received a newer model than the 4595 (higher end one).

I have no idea where the drivers are located but I know from the manual that the 4595 are there
  • symbiotsymbiot
    OK, so I copied the driver files for the 4598 from the modem,

and put them in the windowssys32driver folder, rebooted; modem is now detected, actually there still 2 modems listed in device manager...one on com5 and the other com6...diagnostic results in success for both.

Tested both com ports in serverscheck sms area but fails both times. will need to test more.
  • symbiotsymbiot
    btw....just for ref.

what is the correct sms cell number format to use?

also..what is the authorized mobile # incoming sms section for exactly?

thanks
  • symbiotsymbiot
    So after much testing I am still unable to get the 4598 modem to work w/ the serverscheck appliance.

I've installed the modem on a WinXP laptop and it installs and connects without problem, however in the appliance no can do; the drivers after much headache were installed manually (since they were not installed/tested by serverscheck)

there is clearly a incompatibility issue with the 4598 or software required/provided and the appliance.

Please advise ASAP
  • symbiotsymbiot
    Hello,

So still no resolution in regards to supplied 4598 modem not functioning on the appliance.

I've communicated with support (we have paid support)

but haven't heard anything back in regards to this issue.

We are really in need of SMS notifications can you kindly advise ASAP the best course of action?

thanks
    We are still investigating the issue with Zoom, the manufacturer
  • efridellefridell
    Is there any update on this issue? I'm having the same problem getting my Zoom 4598 3G+ modem installed on my ServersCheck appliance, but have been able to use it successfully on other machines.
    efridell, contact support via support instructions in the email with your license key. They will issue a RMA to replace your unit if the appliance was purchased through us as the GSM modem is an online promotion only
This discussion has been closed.