Sending Test SMS Message

mfennermfenner
I am unable to send test sms messages. I am using the Huawei E160 3g modem that was provided with the appliance. My SIM pin has been disabled (and I can send a message using the 3rd party software provided with the 3g modem). Using the 3gcheck.exe application, I have identified my modem as being on COM8. When trying to send a test message, serverscheck reports --

SMS debugging information:COM port set to COM8

SMSC number returned by SIM: +CSCA: "13123149810",129

SMS sending failed 0

Possible reasons could be:

1) PIN code is not inactive. SIM card may not require a PIN Code

2) Modem has more than one COM port - wrong one selected.

3) SMSC is not set correctly on SIM card.

Like I said, I can send a text message using the mobile broadband software provided with my modem, so I know the SMSC is set correctly. I also know my PIN is disabled. And 3gcheck.exe has identified and successfully connected via COM8.

Any ideas?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Is the mobile broadband software running?
  • mfennermfenner
    Not when testing the SMS message from servers check.
    Run the alerting module in debug mode and have a check fail for which you defined SMS alerting

http://wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/Alerting_debug

Reply with the debug output that was generated
  • mfennermfenner
    Alright, I'm not sure how, but after a million combinations of COM ports and 3g drivers, SMS alerts now work!

But now for the next problem. Over the weekend, my installation started to max out the CPU. Specifically, the monitoring_thread2.exe. After about 10 minutes of runtime, the executable starts using roughly 95-100% of the CPU. Performance comes to a halt once this happens. I've read that lowering the number of simultaneous threads should help CPU/memory issues, but I've lowed mine to 3 threads and am still having issues.

I have just updated my installation to the most current version.
    May I ask you to replace your monitoring_thread2.exe with this one?

Please update us if it addresses your problem.

Thank you.
  • mfennermfenner
    I was hoping it would be that easy. I replaced the file, but unfortunately, once again, after a short while, the CPU jumped from 25% to almost 100%.
  • mfennermfenner
    I forgot to mention that both the old and new exe were version 10.0.0.0 in the details tab. The size of my original exe was 7.39MB, while your new exe was only 7.38MB. Is the size difference due to the couple updates performed since our 10.0.0.0 upgrade?
    Please open a new thread for a different topic
This discussion has been closed.