Drive Space Check

bdshipleybdshipley
ServersCheck version 10.1.5

I have two servers running Windows Server 2003

Both servers have drive space checks. On one server, I can get drivespace checks to run great. On the other server, I get a timeout request when testing.

From our ServersChecks server, I can browse to the machine in question and view all of it's contents in the C:

Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Have you already checked all of your connections (ping, tracert, etc.) if they're still intact?

You can also try to reconfigure the services. If credentials have been changed, you might want to change that, too.
  • bdshipleybdshipley
    Checked my connections, deleted and re-added the checks. Credentials haven't changed. I even changed the Serverscheck credentials on our AD side and changed them within ServersCheck.

Still same result. I have multiple checks running against the server in question. All of the checks are successful except the Drivespace check still.
    If it works on one server and not on the other then something must be different in the settings of that server as otherwise it would fail on both.

DRIVESPACE is a legacy check and replaced by the WINDOWSHEALTH check which relies on WMI.
  • bdshipleybdshipley
    Again, this check doesn't work on my Server 2003 machines. The WindowsHealth check won't work either. I can get a pingavg check to work and that is about it.
    Run the WMI Tester from Microsoft from the host running the ServersCheck Monitoring software and under the credentials set for the monitoring service.

http://kb.serverscheck.com/index.php/Testing_wmi

If the WMI Tester tool fails, then please contact Microsoft support as your security credentials or windows network setup are most likely the cause.

In addition to that, please also make sure that

1) the ServersCheck server and the other machine belongs to the same domain

2) on both machines, a domain account is being used

3) the server to be checked points to the same DNS address as with the ServersCheck server's
  • bdshipleybdshipley
    I ran the WMI Test like suggested. I did get an access denied error. I checked the security logs on the server that I can't "gain access" to and it shows ServersChecks successfully logging in and then out.

1)The ServersCheck server and the server in question are both in the same domain

2)On both servers, a domain account is being used.

3)DNS is ok.

I have 478 checks to be exact in my environment. Out of those 478, 85 are disk space checks and I have zero issues with them.
    The WMI Test is a Microsoft app. If you get an access denied error, then something is wrong on your system/network setup for those systems.

With the WMI Test in hand contact Microsoft support to ask for assistance resolving this issue as this is not a ServersCheck related issue but instead on the OS layer.
    Also, try to turn off your firewall on your 2003 machines and perform the check. If it works, then you'll have to open some policies in them.

Please refer here for more info:

http://wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/Configuring_Service_for_Windows_Checks

Thank you.
  • bdshipleybdshipley
    For the server in question, the firewall is turned off. I also have four other checks that check certain services and they all work fine. Again, it can't be a system/network issue if I have other checks working fine for this server. I've done some testing and actually added five different checks against this server and all check out ok. The only one that comes up with a "Timed Out" status when testing is the drive space check.

Guess it's time for debug mode.
    OK. Let us know what Microsoft Support told you regarding the WMI Tester tool from them not working.
    And in addition to that, please do make sure first that you're able to make successful WMI calls or else that check won't really work.
This discussion has been closed.