ServersCheck and E-mail Settings Issue

sparxsakuseishasparxsakuseisha
Dear Sir,

For your guidance, I wish to inform you of an incident concerning ServersCheck Plus 8.0 RC1.

I was trying to apply different mail settings and opened Configurations-->General Settings-->Email Settings. One of the changes that I made was to put a checkmark next to "SSL (STARTTLS)".

After my testing was finished, I reentered the previous mail settings (we do not use SSL so I did not check that box). However, when I tried to send a test message, an error appeared saying "Error: Invalid response for STARTTLS: 554 5.7.3 Unable to initialize security subsystem. - Sending SMTP alert to [our e-mail address] through [our mail server]". I did not receive any test message or any alerts.

I opened the setttings.conf file and found the "emailssl" value set to 1. I then stopped the ServersCheck services, changed the value to 0, and restarted the services. I confirmed that I was able to receive an alert mail and a test mail.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to check in order to verify our ServersCheck installation is in working order.

Regards,

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    ServersCheck 8.0 RC1 is over 3 years old and no longer supported.

Current release is 10.1
This discussion has been closed.