Monitoring Appliance Initial setup

AbdulRiyasAbdulRiyas
I received the monitoring appliance. There is no way I can configure any monitors on it. Always the memory is shooting upto 100%. Local system Windows health check is always showing "DOWN". All the sensor gateways are showing as "DOWN" and "Retrying". I dont know where to begin. Is there anybody who can guide me in this? Thanks a lot in advance...

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    It is an ultra low voltage processor.

Question 1: Did you install any other software on the appliance?

Question 2: Are you remotely configuring the appliance through a web browser or locally on appliance?

• AbdulRiyasAbdulRiyas
    no, I didnt install any softwares

I tried both, I tried locally as well as remotely. Now, the Localsystem monitor is moving from Green - AMBER - RED and back again. Memory reading comes to 100% - 60% - less than 10%. All the sensor gateways are still showing down and Retrying. I tried to ping the Sensorgateways from the appliance, all the pings are ok.
    Can you provide a screenshot of the configuration from one of the checks?
  • AbdulRiyasAbdulRiyas
    Sorry, how can i attach a file here
    You can host it on an external site and provide the link here.
  • AbdulRiyasAbdulRiyas
    I am totally lost here. I thought the issue is with the appliance. But now I realized the Sensor Gateway is showing issues. The error is " Couldnt retrieve value for OID". I rebooted the Appliance / Sensor Gateway, but still the same. First it will be okay, after sometime it will go to retrying. What can be the reason. Please help me, I am totally stuck here.
    This error has nothing to do with the appliance

The windowshealth check of the appliance is a demo check and shouldn't be concerned.

The couldn't retrieve error indicates that your SNMP check for the sensors wasn't setup correctly
  • AbdulRiyasAbdulRiyas
    Ok, Hope you could help me here. I am using SensorGateway Version 5 and two external Temp+Humidity probe. I am monitoring the Temperature and Humidity from these sensors. I am using the default snmp configuration in the Sensorgateway. What am I missing here.
    As said on a previous post, please double check your configuration. You might want to check that the sensor probe ID/OID has been changed. It would be good reconfigure by simply going to a particular check's configuration window and rechecking the community string, reselecting the probe ID and hitting save.

It would also be beneficial for both of us if you'd be able to show us a screenshot of the check's configuration.
This discussion has been closed.