SSL Configuration

FrancescFrancesc
Hello,

We're trying to configure the Serverscheck in HTTPS mode. I've used the procedure from the ServersCheck Wiki. I've installed the same version from the Win32OpenSSL but when I try to remove the password from the server.key file using the openssl rsa command I get the error:

E:Program FilesServersCheck_Monitoringcerts>openssl rsa -in server.key -out server.key.insecure move server.key server.key.secure move server.key.insecure server.key

unknown option move

And after downloadinf the ssl.conf, I try to start the ServersCheck with SSL and I the web is not available.

What I'm doing wrong? ServersCheck version is 10.3.1.

Thanks,

Francesc

Comments

• FrancescFrancesc
    Hello,

Any idea?
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    What is the output when you run the s-server.exe in debug mode (make sure that the ServersCheck web server service is stopped) ?

http://wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/Webserver_debug
  • la123456la123456
    I am trying to configure the email notifications, my smtp server name is to long and the only letter that does not fit is the "M" for .com. How can this be resolved?
    la123456 - your question is unrelated to this topic and as such it will be removed. Please post it in the right forum and as a new topic.
  • FrancescFrancesc
    Hello,

The debug file doesn't show too many information:

# Starting up app

#

# ServersCheck Web Server

# PREMIUM Edition

# ServersCheck PREMIUM Edition - version 10.3.1

#

# Number of monitors allowed: 10000000000000

#

# Installed on - SWCS757

# License validation failed: 500 Can't connect to www.serverscheck.info:80 (timeout)

#

# Loading language file: EN.lang

# version 10.3.1

#

#

# (c) Copyright 2003-2013 - ServersCheck BVBA

# www.serverscheck.com

#

#

#

#

#

# Start: Tue Apr 1 10:37:42 2014 - End: Tue Apr 1 10:38:05 2014

#

# Configuration server ready, serving on port "1272"...

First, when I execute the command s-server.exe > debug.txt the cmd ask me for the PEM pass phrase, take a look:

E:Program FilesServersCheck_Monitoring>s-server.exe > debug.txt

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x582ab34, Perl interpreter: 0x172c34 at /<E:Program FilesServersCheck_Monitorings-server.exe>SNMP_Session.pm line 14

# Env:C:Windows

# Enabling HTTPS (SSL) Server

Enter PEM pass phrase:

phrase is too short, needs to be at least 4 chars

Enter PEM pass phrase:

# Tue Apr 1 10:42:42 2014 Read error on connection from (Unknown): Bad file des

criptor

# Tue Apr 1 10:43:06 2014 Read error on connection from (Unknown): Inappropriat

e I/O control operation

Terminating on signal SIGINT(2)

E:Program FilesServersCheck_Monitoring>

And when I try to point my explorer to the https://SWCS757:1272 It stays waiting....

Thanks,

Francesc

The web server crashes due to a bad file.

From the output it seems that PEM pass phrase is too short.

You'll need to reissue your certificate again
    1) According to OpenSSL's documentation, the error says it all since there's really no option for a "move" command. Reference: openssl.org/docs/apps/rsa.html

2) Have you tried changing the PEM pass phrase? Apparently, it clearly shows that "phrase is too short, needs to be at least 4 chars"
  • FrancescFrancesc
    I've deleted all the certs and followed the proc from the Serverscheck wiki step by stem (without the last command with the move parameter) and when I execute s-server, it ask me again the PEM password.

Are you sure the procedure is correct?

Thanks,

Francesc
    Here's an update to the procedure. For the removal of the configured passphrase, issue the following commands:

1) copy server.key server.key.org

2) openssl rsa -in server.key.org -out server.key

- Make sure to do it on the directory where the SSL files have been created

- See our Wiki documentation for more updates:

wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/Configuring_Web_Server_in_HTTPS_Mode
This discussion has been closed.