SMTP Alert from ServersCheck

jjkdjjkd

I am having a bit of trouble when trying to use the email notification function in ServersCheck 3.0.6...

I have access to three different SMTP servers, and each reacts differently when ServersCheck tries to send mail. I watched the exchange with a network monitor, and found the following:

Server #1 responds with a "530 Authorization Required" (I think that's what it said) message, but ServerCheck does not seem to send any form of authorization, despite the appropriate parameters being set in Setup. Is there anything else I need to do to activate authorization?

Server #2 does not request authorization, but complains with a "relay not allowed" or something like that when it sees that the message is neither to or from my domain. Is is possible to allow the sending domain, email address or both to be configurable, and would that help this issue?

Server #3 accepts the mail and sends it successfully. I guess this one isn't as fussy, but if security gets tightened up, I might not be able to send mail alerts at all.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    1. SMTP authentication is supported only when actual alerts are sent (so not from the test email)

2. We will add the from to our product roadmap

• jjkdjjkd

Ah, thanks!

• AdministratorAdministrator
    A new version has been posted today enabling you to specify the from address when sending out an alert.

Regards,

Maarten
This discussion has been closed.