Failover setting

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Hi,

I would like to know how to configure failover support in ServersCheck Enterprise version. I installed two serverscheck programs to two seperatte computers. Two computers which is running windows XP (A.xyz.com)and windows 2000(B.mcp.com) are located at different domain.

The purpose of task is that computer A take over computer B monitor task if B fails. I have done below configuration.Please check if i have done any wrong part.

1.Copy serverscheck.conf from B and rename it to serverscheck2.conf and placed it in A's servercheck working directory(D:Program FilesServersCheck)

2.In computer A,ServersCheck Monitoring Service is running with the Administrative Account.

3.In Enterprise Configuration Settings I set below

IP of 2nd instance:<B's IP address>

Username :MCPadministrator

password:<domain administrator password>

Configuration file(.conf) :serverscheck2.conf

Then i try to turn off computer B , but computer A doesn't check B's test.

Besides, as stated in help page , it said that "if the ServersCheck service is not running then the fail-over feature will start." then should i add service check for B's ServersCheck Monitoring Service in A test list ?

Thank you for help.

Regards,

Kelvin

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator

Have you purchased a license for the fail-over option? If so then you should have received special instructions on how to configure it and an email address to assist you on configuring it from our support team.

Regards,

Forum Administrator

This discussion has been closed.