Not Able to use Servercheck Software

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Hello there

I jus downloaded servercheck software from Download.com..but to my suprise its not working at all when i tried to start the S-server.exe from the command prompt

This is wat get in the command prompt

C:Program FilesServersCheck>s-server.exe
#
# ServersCheck Configuration Server
# EVALUATION Edition
# version 5.1.9
#
# (c) Copyright 2003-2004 - ServersCheck, a division of Eklatant
# www.serverscheck.com
#
#
#
Could not create a server on port: Unknown error

Can you please help me

My id is sumesh96@yahoo.com

Sumesh

Comments

• sumeshsumesh

its me again

i m using windows 2000 server with IIS and SQL server is this the prob ??/

Sumesh

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Probably another application is preventing ServersCheck from creating a socket on port 1272 by using Winsock. Try stopping IIS and SQL server to see if they interfer. Sometimes MS products tend to block all available ports exclusively. We have also been reported that Anti-virus software could block the socket connection.
  • sumeshsumesh

Hey Thanks

But it didnt work out as i have stopped Antivirus IIS Ans Sql Server..but the problem presist ...

Can i change the port no to something diff ...

Need Help

Sumesh

Do you have Winsock installed on your computer?
  • sumeshsumesh

Hello

I dont think so ....I never installed it ...how can i chk that

Sumesh

I checked with Development and Winsock is delivered with the installer.

We made a small change in the configuration server that we would like you to test out.

You can download an updated version of it here:

http://www.serverscheck.com/files/s-server.zip

Replace the existing s-server.exe with the one you downloaded and try to start it. Could you please copy the output like you did in the initial post?

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • sumeshsumesh

Hello there

As per your request here is the error which i got after replacing with the new s-server.exe

C:Program FilesServersCheck>s-server.exe
    #
    # ServersCheck Configuration Server
    # EVALUATION Edition
    # version 5.1.12
    #
    # (c) Copyright 2003-2004 - ServersCheck BVBA
    # www.serverscheck.com
    #
    #
    #
    Could not create a server on port: Unknown error

Thanks

Sumesh

Could you download a new build of the s-server.exe from

http://www.serverscheck.com/files/s-server.zip and try it again

We tested it with some users on W2K platforms and there were it caused an issue, it now seems to be resolved.

• sumeshsumesh

Hey

OK Guys Its Party time ! It worked ....Hey but i cant test SMS ...Will I get a Evaluation version of Enterprise version or Proffesional Version..If i do that will be really Gr8 man

Thanks

Sumesh

Due to too many abuses in the past, we do not offer trial versions of the Enterprise or Professional version. Instead we offer an unconditional 30 money back guarantee.

You can test out SMS in several ways:

1/ if you want to send SMS through a data modem then follow the instructions in the help file

2/ For ClickATell please visit their website for a free trial account of sending out sms messages. I can guarantee that the ClickATell service works...

Regards;

Forum Administrator
  • sumeshsumesh

Hey

I know ..but let me tell u that i dont want to abuse your system ...i know clickatell service. i already have an account with them ....and also i a have internal SMS System which we are using for our buisness ...its not the SMS service we want to test..only thing i have to test is SMS service which we have to incorporated with your software ...we it works i will can put forward to my purchase department ...before i am not allowed to do that ...i hope u understand wat meant to say ...

So forth i liked your service

Thanks

Sumesh

We have uploaded a trial version that includes SMS testing (but still limited to 3 checks):

http://members.chello.be/cr50591/serverscheckpro_snapfiles.zip

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • sumeshsumesh

Hello There

I really Appreciate this ..Thank You Guys ..your gr8est people ..Anyway i m still downloading the software which may take me more than an 1hr (slow connection)

Will let you know when its done

Thanks

• sumeshsumesh

Hello There

I think there is a prob with this new version its not allowing me to add a new monitoring rule it say i already have 3 monitoring rules where as i have jus two which is by default...i deleted one of the defult monitoring rule and tried to add a rule but still says that "You have entitled to 3 rules in the trail version, To add a new rule, delete one first"

Can you please chk into this ...

Thanks

Sumesh

Probably the serverscheck.conf file is correct. Open it with notepad and check if there are 3 lines or 2 lines in it after the line starting with "# checktype"
  • sumeshsumesh

Hi there

This is wat i got in that file

"LOGFILE:true
    GRAPHS:true
    HTML:true
    SMS:demo<X>demo<X>30<X><X><X><X><X><X><X><X><X><X>
    # checktype|X|check label|X|retries|X|check interval in seconds|X|email alert to|X|network message to|X|sms alert to|X|fail on up/down|X|fail on value1|X|operand|X|target value1|X|fail on value2|X|operand|X|target value2|X|check definition|X|Time intervals When not to check|X|minimum service level in %|X|active|X|
    PING|X|PING Check|X|2|X|60|X||X||X||X|true|X|true|X|lt|X|2000|X||X|gt|X|200|X|www.serverscheck.com<X>|X|11:59-12:00;13:58-14:00|X|98|X|no|X|30|X||X||X||X||X||X||X|WebSite|X||X|<X>|X||X|yes|X|<X><X><X>|X|<X><X>|X|"

Can u please help me

Sumesh

The issue is related only to the special version we created for you. We posted a fix and you can download a new release from our website (same url as above)

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • sumeshsumesh

Hi There

Hey thanks man ....any way i m still downloading it ...i need your help for setting up the Voice Phone Alert Too C i have a Unimodem Half Duplex Audio Device listed in Sound Properties as per ur help file ...I have a US Robotics Sportster Voice Modem and

Is it compatible if yes

The above mention settings is not diplayed on the Voice Phone alert Setting ...

i jus recently installed the text to speech techonology from the Office XP (Tell me if i have installed a wrong software ..I had been to "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5e86ec97-40a7-453f-b0ee-" but i coundnt understand which software i have to download as there are many exe's listed)

Can you please help me in this

Thanks

Sumesh

Take a look at the help file:

http://www.serverscheck.com/help5/definevoicephone.html

You need to download the TTS engine from the link in the help file.

VoicePhone is not really recommended to use: the system will try to call you but if you do not pickup/respond then the call will be lost. With email & SMS alerts, the message is delivered and can be viewed anytime. The voice phone will only try once.
  • sumeshsumesh

hi

OKie thanks for that instruction ...but i think u should make it more robust in the sense of it should try till the message is passed on to the informer ...(its jus a note )

Thanks

• sumeshsumesh

hi there

u havent replied about my modem

This discussion has been closed.