status

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

I have rule for eventlog, I wanna know, if there is some error -> status change to red -> how turn the status to green.

and is there any limit in full version of number of rules?

Thanks

J.J.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    For the event log check, you need to delete the event in question as the system will keep on scanning the log for entries.

There are no limits in the number of rules in the full version

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Sorry, i dont know which event you mean in which question?

Thanks

eventlog => if there is some error => status change to red

=> this means that an error was found in the eventlog

=> delete the error event in the eventlog

when serverscheck then scans the eventlog it will not find the error and as such turn status to green
    O.K. but i need to check about 100 computers, so it means that i am not possible to check every computer event log and delete an error. So have you got any solution?
    Is there possibility to switch off sending emails when is computer shut down and i have rule to check errors in event log.
    Question1: You can check your 100 computers. When an error occurs in the event log, this often means that you have to act on it on the computer generating the error. ServersCheck will not delete it as it is not designed to delete, it is designed to monitor and report on issues.

Question 2: ServersCheck has the concept of dependency rules built in. If you do not wish to receive an alert when the computer is down then do following:

1/ Create a PING rule to the computer

2/ Define your Event log check to only run when the PING check is up
This discussion has been closed.