SNMP Help

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

I am pretty new to this whole SNMP monitoring but I want very bad to make it work in my network. I have a utility that will do a MIB walk.. here is the deal.. there are TONS of MIBs there.. how can I find what I am looking for.. is there some logic to them? Say something as simple as hard drive space.. how can I return this value? I have installed the SNMP3W2K package...

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Dear user,

following was taking from the SNMP4W2K website.

(http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/testing.htm)

Gets Current Anon. HTTP Users: - Won't work unless you had SNMP installed before you added IIS.

snmputil get 127.0.0.1 public .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.7.3.1.6.0

Gets Total Anon. HTTP Users: - Won't work unless you had SNMP installed before you added IIS.

snmputil get 127.0.0.1 public .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.7.3.1.8.0

Gets Maximum Anon. HTTP Users: - Won't work unless you had SNMP installed before you added IIS.

snmputil get 127.0.0.1 public .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.7.3.1.10.0

Gets NT CPU % Usage:

snmputil get 127.0.0.1 public .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.2.1.3.0

Gets C: Space remaining (MB):

snmputil get 127.0.0.1 public .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.5.1.4.0

Gets RAM free (Bytes): (see snmputil image above)

snmputil get 127.0.0.1 public .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.1.1.0

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Hi, I'm having difficulty getting ServersCheck to work with the build-in Windows XP Pro SNMP Agent. SNMP service has been started. ServersCheck reports Error of UNKNOWN.
    ServersCheck configuration is:

Server: 127.0.0.1
    Community String: public
    SNMP Port: 161
    OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.3

Dear user,

Are you sure that the OID is a correct one? Have you performed an SNMP get to try it and see if it returns a result.

Regards;

Forum Admin

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Is there anyway to make this option easier to use? such as a drop down list from available snmp data? Just asking i have no clue to the internal workings of snmp, but the way it is setup presently it is of very little use to me.
    The problem with SNMP is that there are so many different OID's around that it would be impossible to list them all (basically each hardware supporting SNMP has it own sets of OID's).

What would you like to check with SNMP? Let's see if we can help that way.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
This discussion has been closed.