Repeated connections from sensor to TCP 9760

Hi

Anyone know what this is? I'm seeing a sensor (SC-TS01) repeatedly attempting to connect to an RFC1918 IP (192.168.11.23) on TCP 9760. I can't find anything in the config of the device with that IP, and we don't use that internal subnet - so it must be something 'built in' on the sensor. I don't want to see it in my firewall logs, is there anything that I can do to turn it off? Looked through the documentation and can't find any details

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Thanks for reporting this. We have put in a bug request with our development team. Based on the IP address it is not a public IP but an internal only. My guess: it is development code left in there.
    I have received confirmation that indeed it was debug code left in the code. However this was resolved in firmware 6.
  • StuartCrawfordStuartCrawford
    OK - that's great. I knew it was a non-public address, and that was pretty sure it wasn't anything malicious, but I just want it removed from our logs as it's generating a lot of noise in them. I'll see about upgrading the firmware

Thanks
  • StuartCrawfordStuartCrawford
    Just checked - I have the mobile sensor gateway, and available firmware for that on the website is listed as 5.2. Is there a v6 firmware available somewhere?
    If your using the mobile sensor gateway the most recent firmware is indeed 5.20, The firmware version 6 is only for the sensor gateway.

May I ask what firmware do you have on your device?
  • mixedbagmixedbag
    I've just noticed this on our sensors.
    We have v5 hardware but pre 2014.
    We are running the 5.11 firmware.
    Is there any plan for an update of these to fix this issue. It makes a right mess of our firewall logs (we've got about a dozen sensor units)
    mixedbag those devices are EOL and no further development is planned for those devices.
This discussion has been closed.