Stainless Steel Temp Sensor

2»

Comments

• SchottkySchottky
    Hello is your freezer frost free? Have you check the fridge vent?
  • ProTechProTech
    Yes, our fridges and freezers are constantly maintained.
  • ProTechProTech
    I know its not the freezer or ventilation because we are replacing old sensors with the gateway sensors. As mentioned before the old sensors are still active and their readings do not spike.

At this point I am getting a different tech to assist me in my troubleshooting. Thus missing key troubleshooting steps and information I/we have gathered. I feel I am running in circles.

If nothing else can be recommended I will replace the steal sensors with the ENV-TEMP.
  • DhaneDhane
    Hi,

It seems the Spikes on your graph are happening at certain times and are not really random.

If you have another PoE switch that you could use to test the Gateway outside your fridge/freezer area like in your office we could isolate more variables that can affect the spikes.

• ProTechProTech
    To rule out the switch as an issue I provided external power to the Gateway. After using the power adapter the spikes did not change. Is there another reason you want to use a different switch so I can request one?

I will be replacing the TS-STAIN with an ENV-TEMP. for one of our freezers. If something external is causing this we should see the spike.
  • ProTechProTech
    BANQUET FREEZER
  • SchottkySchottky
    edited June 2018
    As seen on the graph it has approximate equal interval of time that it spikes. Unlike if it is a noise it will be randomly distributed. A frost-free-freezer has three basic parts: 1. timer, 2. heating coil, 3. temperature sensor. Every six hours or so, the timer turns on the heating coil. The heating coil is wrapped among the freezer coils. The heater melts the ice off the coils. When all of the ice is gone, the temperature sensor senses the temperature rising above 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) and turns off the heater. So maybe, it's the heater that causes the temperature to spike.
  • ProTechProTech
    Thanks for the information Elise. From your experience, how far should I dangle the metal tip of the sensor away from the ceiling. One of the freezers is a walk-in and the other one is a reach in.
  • DhaneDhane
    icisneros said:

To rule out the switch as an issue I provided external power to the Gateway. After using the power adapter the spikes did not change. Is there another reason you want to use a different switch so I can request one?

We are just ruling out if the spike are caused by external noise on the fridge area.
    or you could also use the same switch place the Gateway on your office together with the TSTAIN sensors , for testing.

• SchottkySchottky
    edited June 2018
    icisneros said:

Thanks for the information Elise. From your experience, how far should I dangle the metal tip of the sensor away from the ceiling. One of the freezers is a walk-in and the other one is a reach in.

Dhane said:

Are your sensors (metal side) is near or sticked to a metal part of the fridge? If not could you try and hang the sensor so that it will not touch any metal part of the freezer.

icisneros said:

Hi, I have verified that the main sensors were not touching any metal or another object

I am not sure with your set-up, maybe you can placed it at the centre of your freezer?

Have you tried to put the probe with temperature buffer of some kind to better reflect the slower temperature changes? e.g probe bottle filled with glycol
  • ProTechProTech
    This request can close.