40 character limit on email FQDN??

dfdslfkjl23kjfl2kfjdfdslfkjl23kjfl2kfj
Why is there a 40 character limit on the email server's FQDN? According to a quick search, the limit to FQDNs is 255 characters. Where did 40 come from?

The new UI is not an upgrade. I don't understand why it was changed. The old one worked fine.

p.s. I tried 10+ different usernames until finally mashing the keyboard and coming up with this one.

Comments

• StreliziaStrelizia

Why is there a 40 character limit on the email server's FQDN? According to a quick search, the limit to FQDNs is 255 characters. Where did 40 come from?

The new UI is not an upgrade. I don't understand why it was changed. The old one worked fine.

p.s. I tried 10+ different usernames until finally mashing the keyboard and coming up with this one.

which old firmware are you referring to that has more than 40 characters? I wanted to take a look at it sinceI have saved some firmware before v8
    Though I am using their free email server and haven't noticed it
  • dfdslfkjl23kjfl2kfjdfdslfkjl23kjfl2kfj
    Strelizia said:

which old firmware are you referring to that has more than 40 characters? I wanted to take a look at it sinceI have saved some firmware before v8

I don't know what it was before. I wasn't referring to old firmware. It could have been 40 in the past too but didn't impact me until now.
  • adminadmin
    Hi,

Strelizia said:

I don't know what it was before. I wasn't referring to old firmware. It could have been 40 in the past too but didn't impact me until now.
    The character limit has been there since our old firmware, this is due to hardware/software limitations and security, we have already requested a resolution to our development team and may release in future firmware updates.