File Negative Content

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

I cannot get CheckNegative Content to work. I created a file Cdata.txt with the word "disconnect" in it. I added a check to look for negative content (ie "disconnect") in the data file. Sound alert is set to yes. When I look at the log it displays as follows: "<date> DOWN - File not found" ....for every 20 sec check.

however on the Check page in the column "last Error" I place my cursor on "details" and it says "string found in file".

I tried removing and re-inserting the word "disconnect" several times in the data.txt file but at all times the Status shows OK and there is no alert. The "Min service level for this check" was set to 99%.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    It should be c:data.txt rather than cdata.txt

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

My post was a typo, I actually have C:data.txt as the path

Any suggestions appreciated.

We found an issue in the code causing incorrect error handling. It will come with the next release 4.2.0 (scheduled for release on Monday)

Regards,

Forum Administrator

I installed version 4.2.0 but file neg content is still not working for me. The only thing that has changed is that when I place the pointer over the "details" area it says "File not found". The log is the same as before: "<date> DOWN - File not found" . Status always shows ok and no alerts.

I checked the path and it is C:Data.txt

More information:

When I delete the data.txt file the alert is activated !!

It is now solved in version 4.2.1

You can download the version 4.2.1 from our website

Regards,

Forum Administrator

Some progress but still the alert is not activated and status is OK. Under "%" is now showing 6-8. "details" and "log" still shows file not found.

Alert only activates when I remove or insert data.txt file. Nothing happens if I change the content.

I noticed in Windows Task Manager that there are two s-server.exe running

Good news. Release 4.2.2 finally fixed it. For those needing the File Negative Content Check: please download 4.2.2 and use that version

Regards,

Forum Administrator
This discussion has been closed.