UNC path not working

starhrgstarhrg

We are evaluating the serverscheck software for the purpose of checking drive space on our servers.

I have come to a problem where none of the drive space checks work. It returns error: Error -2147217400: Invalid parameter.

I have tried these ways of the unc path: servernameshare, servernameshare, \servernameshare. the latter is because the error would show error connecting to servernameshare when i only put the or , but when i put the \ it would show correctly as , but of course the logs showed \.

what is this error? i have also changed the service account to a domain account that has permissions to these servers.

Another not, I want to check the c$d$ shares, not just regular shares.

Comments

• starhrgstarhrg

I was able to get it to the point of getting an Access Denied error now by using this as the unc path: servernameshare

Although I am now getting an access denied from any login that I use. Here's the log post:

Tue Jan 13 03:43:09 2004 Status:DOWN - Free Space: ( %) Error:Error connecting to l012nc352c$. Error -2147024891: Access is denied.
    Tue Jan 13 03:43:34 2004 Status:DOWN - Free Space: ( %) Error:Error connecting to l012nc352c$. Error -2147024891: Access is denied.
    Tue Jan 13 03:43:51 2004 Status:DOWN - Free Space: ( %) Error:Error connecting to l012nc352c$. Error -2147024891: Access is denied.

Any ideas why it will not let me connect? I have used domain admin logins, local account logins, none work, yet i can get to that share using my name or any other admin login.

• AdministratorAdministrator
    What version are you using of ServersCheck and which check (DRIVESPACE or DRIVESPACENT4)?

Forum Administrator
  • starhrgstarhrg

It shows 4.1.0, I thought I upgraded to 4.3.8. I will try this again.

I am running the DriveSpace check, as i didnt see an option for drivespacent4.

Please make sure to run 4.3.8. Make a backup of your conf files. Uninstall ServersCheck. Make sure that there is no *.exe remaining in the main ServersCheck directory. When this is done, install 4.3.8

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • starhrgstarhrg

This is weird, I went to uninstall it, and it shows version 4.3.9 is installed, but on the upgrade page it shows 4.1.0.

So do I have 4.1.0 or 4.3.9?

Apparently 4.1.0 so make sure to perform it like I stated:

uninstall, make sure that there are no *.exe left in the main ServersCheck directory and then install again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

How are you running the service? Are you running it as an NT service or interactively by simply clicking to start the server? If interactively then can you run to the path you are trying to check? If not then your account does not have the permissions to get to that share... if you are running as service what account is it running under? Does that account have the perms to run to the share?

Just an idea.

This discussion has been closed.