Installation

lpruenlpruen
edited May 2008 in InfraSensing Sensors
I have installed the ServersCheck Temp hardware on COM 15 as instructed. When I come to run a test in step 4 of the Wizard I get a return Staus: OK Error Returned: Could not connect on port COM15. Its is mentioned that you need drivers in Europe but I was supplied with none and I am unable to locate any. Will this solve the problem and where can I get hold of these?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    What do you mean with: "it is mentioned that you need drivers in Europe"?

Where did you purchase the sensor? Europe or US?
  • lpruenlpruen
    The product was bought in Europe. The product was not supplied with any manuals or installation CDs, only links in an email to these resources. In the manual it says "With the European version of the USB adapter it may be required to install the drivers shipped with the device." As mentioned I recieved no drivers etc with the product, is there somewhere I can download these?
    A CD is included in the plastic box with the USB adapter.

You can download the driver's from Digitus' website:

http://www.digitus.info/scripts/download.asp?artnr=DA%2D70146
  • lpruenlpruen
    The hardware is already installed under device manager as a USB Serial Port (COM15). The driver above wont installed or are not recognised for this device, but I would say it is install ok. I still get the same error as mentioned before, step 4 of the Wizard Staus: OK Error Returned: Could not connect on port COM15. The OS is W2K3
    Your COM15 port can not be opened by Windows. It can be that another piece of software installed is blocking the COM port as only 1 application at a time can open COM ports.

• lpruenlpruen
    I have now tried COM ports 15 through to 30 with the same error. I also tried port 99.
    On what port do you see the USB driver being installed?
  • lpruenlpruen
    When the device is first installed it goes on COM 3 as 1 & 2 are in use.
    Can you try following from the command prompt in the agents subdirectory:

sensor_check -L log.txt -C COM 3
  • lpruenlpruen
    I removed the device and re-installed it and it defaulted to COM 3. I ran the line above and the command line just hung (I left this for 10 mins). I then changed the port number to 15 and ran the command again correcting the the COM number, again it just hung.
    Do you have .NET 1.1 installed?

If so, then there is more than probably a process blocking your COM port.

Nevertheless, you can contact our sales team for sending the product back for review where we will test it in our lab.
  • lpruenlpruen
    OK, I have installed the hardware and software on another server and it is working fine. I want to setup the SMS notifications, how are the SMS sent?
    SMS notifications can be sent in 2 ways as per user manual:

- ClickATell - this is a web service whereby our software connects over the Internet to their server and they then deliver the message

http://wiki.serverscheck.net/index.php/ServersCheck_Monitoring_Software#SMS_alerts_via_ClickATell

- GSM Modem where you attach a GSM modem to the server running our software. Messages are sent through the modem.

http://wiki.serverscheck.net/index.php/ServersCheck_Monitoring_Software#SMS_alerts_via_GSM_modem

Most reliable and recommended is a GSM modem: if your network/Internet is down, then the ClickATell servers will not be reachable. With a GSM modem you use the mobile phone network.
This discussion has been closed.