Fake temp Down Alert

ssingh135ssingh135
edited May 2008 in InfraSensing Sensors
We bought environment control sensor version of ServersCheck and been running from last couple months. I received a message say (TEMPERATURE Thu May 29 08:31:16 2008 OK DOWN 59.36 UNKNOWN) and when I personally check the server room temp, its running fine. Please contact me back to resolve this issue

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    This can have multiple reasons. For example temporary power problem on USB port (if you have a USB sensor version), temporary network problem if you have a Networked version.

When you click on TEST SETTINGS, what result does it return for that monitor?

What are the settings of your sensors:

- retry interval?

- retries?

- retry interval when down?

• ssingh135ssingh135
    When I click on Test Settings, It doesn't give any results, it keep going into loop.

The settings of the sensors are follows:

retry interval = 5 sec

Retries = 120 sec

Retries when down = 120 Sec

The settings are not per manual instructions. Make sure you set them as per manual:

retry interval : 120 sec (min)

retries: 3

retry interval when down: 120 sec

What do you mean with it keeps getting into a loop? The TEST SETTINGS should open a new window

Can you please disconnect the sensor and reboot the server and then reconnect the sensor?
  • ssingh135ssingh135
    I changed the intervel settings as you directed and power cycle the sensor, its still not fixed.

Temp in room is okay.

I checked email notification , that is working fine.

when ever i try to test the settings, its keep doing something and doesn't give me any results.
    Stop the ServersCheck Monitoring Service and running following command from the agents subdirectory:

sensor_check -L log.txt -C COM 9

Replace 9 with the actual com port

Reply with the output being returned.

Send screen captures of the test settings and settings to sensorsupport@serverscheck.com - attn Eric.
This discussion has been closed.