Firmware update failure

temmelltemmell
edited January 2015 in InfraSensing Sensors
I have sensor gateway, V5 I believe which leads me to my first question.

My sensor gateway has an oled display, does that make it a 5 or do previous hardware ver. also have a display? I based the firmware update based on the displays (all but one had an oled, which mine does.

Here is my issue: it was working fine until I updated the firmware to v5.07. The unit was not displaying anything on the display and the unit becam un-responsive.

I first tried a warm reboot (pressed reset button for 5 seconds). When that didn't work, I did a factory reset.

After the factory reset I was able to logon however the display still was not working. I re-applied 5.07 and the display returns but when I get the logon screen and type the default factory password but I get an http 404 page can't be found. The current i/p address is the factory default.

Any assistacne would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• temmelltemmell
    One another note. Even though the device won't let me login, I can ping it.

Also the online and sensor light are flashing slowly.

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Hello,

Can you do the factory reset once again please? It sounds like the process got interrupted.
  • temmelltemmell
    Doing it now. Although, even when I do the factory reset the display does not display anything.

Like I said, I'm assuming I have version 5.
  • temmelltemmell
    I'm now logged on and the firmware version is 2.08.

Hard ware version is 4.0.

I based the firmware update based on the fact I have an oled display. Is it possible I"m using the wrong firmware upate version.

Thanks

• temmelltemmell
    And just so you know, this is will be the third time I have re-applied the update.
    Hello,

Which is the filename that you are using to update with?
  • temmelltemmell
    Factory_Hwver5_Fw_Release_5.7bin
  • temmelltemmell
    Okay, looks like the wrong firmware version was loaded.

Can I try and put on the correct version to see if that resolves the issue?

Let me know.

Tim
    Hi Tim,

You can give it a try, if you are still having issues after this please do let us know as we have not had any reports like this come in.
  • temmelltemmell
    okay thanks. i did the v2.11 firmware update (for v4 hardware) and i'm able to configure to local i/p and the temp. seems correct. before when i did the update the display works but it would not let me logon after the update (v5 firmware).

it is showing v2.11as the current firmware however the sensor and online lights continue to blink slowly and the oled display still does not come up.

not sure what is going on. my bad for not loading the correct firmware in the first place.
    Ok then update it with the latest FW version for your HW version
  • temmelltemmell
    I did and it didn't work. Unit becomes un-responsive after a period of time.

The only other option is to RMA the unit
  • temmelltemmell
    Not worth it. I just went ahead and purchased a new one for the website.

Is the base unit I purchased on you store V5 or V4?
    The latest ones are v5 - those with the OLED
  • sjnetworksjnetwork
    I also completed a firmware upgrade to Factory_Hwver5_Fw_Release_5.7bin from 2.11 release, and also seeing 404 not found error. I have factory reset the device a number of times and clear my browser history but still seeing the same 404 error. Any further suggestions?
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    sjnetwork said:

I also completed a firmware upgrade to Factory_Hwver5_Fw_Release_5.7bin from 2.11 release, and also seeing 404 not found error. I have factory reset the device a number of times and clear my browser history but still seeing the same 404 error. Any further suggestions?

Probably you have the wrong firmware installed, since 2.11 is for gateway v4.