Activation & SMS Notification Through Web Server (without GSM Gateway)

LSYmonitor123LSYmonitor123
edited May 2016 in SMS & Voice Gateway
Dear Admin,

Greetings.
Appreciate if you can help on below inquiries:

1. I've been informed by ServerCheck sales team that I can received SMS notification via web server without having SMS/GSM gateway. Just to subscribe SMS credit. Is this correct?

2. SMS Notification
a. How long will it takes for the SMS activation once I subscribe the SMS credit? (when the ServerCheck monitoring tools starts sending SMS)
b. May I know the time taken to receive SMS notification on my mobile once a device is detected down?

Rgds,
Sharul

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Hi sharul,

Yes that is correct by subscribing on to our sms credit services. to do that you have to create an account here https://premium.serverscheck.com/ and then purchase SMS credits then just follow instructions on the user manual found here https://serverscheck.com/sensors/manual.asp

SMS activation is done once you have completed the registration process and has registered a phone number that the notifications would be sent to.

regarding SMS notification, as long as you have credits left, is sent instantaneously as the gateway detects a fault. The only time it would have a delay is if you don't have internet connection.
  • LSYmonitor123LSYmonitor123
    Dear Admin,

Thanks for your feed back. Seen below description in the manual provided.

"Didn’t you receive the SMS test alert? Verify your network settings especially if the DNS server has
    been configured correctly in the Network menu settings. If the DNS server has been correctly defined
    then make sure that no firewall is blocking outgoing HTTP calls from the SensorGateway to the
    ServersCheck SMS Gateway."

1. What would be the preferred DNS IP address?
    2. My network only allows internet traffic on TCP port 80 & 8080. Will the SMS alert works (not blocked by firewall)?

Rgds,
    Sharul
    Dear Admin,

//Appended below inquiries
    Thanks for your feed back. Seen below description in the manual provided.

"Didn’t you receive the SMS test alert? Verify your network settings especially if the DNS server has
    been configured correctly in the Network menu settings. If the DNS server has been correctly defined
    then make sure that no firewall is blocking outgoing HTTP calls from the SensorGateway to the
    ServersCheck SMS Gateway."

1. What would be the preferred DNS IP address?
    2. My network only allows internet traffic on TCP port 80 & 8080.Will the SMS alert works?
    3. You advised to ensure no firewall is blocking outgoing HTTP calls from the "SensorGateway" to the "ServersCheck SMS Gateway" --> I don't have to purchase the SensorGateway am I right? Because the manual you provided earlier is referring to Sensor Gateway device setup.

Rgds,
    Sharul
    edited May 2016
    Hi Sharul,

1. we have no preferred DNS server feel free to use any
    2. sms alert will work as long as you have internet connection
    3. yes because mainly SMS premium credits are used on our gateways however it can also be used on our free software and cloud. the UID and PIN can be used throughout our products.
    Dear Admin,

Acknowledged and thanks for your confirmation.

Rgds.
    Sharul
    edited May 2016
    Dear Admin,

I'm subscribing the SMS credit. Wanted to map my SMS credit account with the monitoring software.

1. The admin credentials should I configure in the downloaded monitoring software should be the same as my SMS credit account credential right (premium)?

2. Or how/where do I put the UID & PIN inside in the software?

Rgds,
    Sharul
    Hi Sharul,

We have already answered your query regarding the SMS premium credit as for How to's regarding our free software please post at https://community.serverscheck.com/categories/serverscheck-monitoring-software

you may also check our wiki page
    http://wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/ServersCheck_SMS_Service

closing thread
This discussion has been closed.