Alert history not populating

Good afternoon,

We are in the process of testing a second Serverscheck Temperature Sensor & Gateway with expansion hub for a server room in a remote office (we currently have a Serverscheck system running without issue). When our original system emails us with an event (high temp, power failure, etc.) it would log the event in the alert history. The new unit does not load any data in the alert history after it has occurred. I am receiving our email alerts from the Temperature Sensor & Gateway but no data is logged. Temperature Sensor & Gateway has Hardware Version : Release 5.1 Firmware Version : Release 7.50. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be.

Matt

Comments

• mattt1977mattt1977
    The time and date are set and correct (I'm using the SNTP server us.pool.ntp.org), I tried rebooting, and still no change. I did notice when I click on Alert History, that the Temperature Sensor & Gateway OLED screen blanks out after a second or so and then it goes into startup, is this normal? All settings other than the Network parameters are the same as the unit I have that is working, that unit is running
    Hardware Version : Release 5.1
    Firmware Version : Release 7.41

I even tried a complete reset of the unit. I'm at a loss.

Thanks,

Matt
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    Try to update your firmware to the latest. 7.5
  • mattt1977mattt1977
    The unit that unit is not logging events in the alert history is running:
    Firmware Version : Release 7.50

The unit that is running the older 7.41 is functioning properly..
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    edited December 2018
    mattt1977 said:

The unit that unit is not logging events in the alert history is running:

The unit that is running the older 7.41 is functioning properly..

Or could you try to factory reset the fiirmware then directly update it to 7.5
    It should be available in the user manual

Also try using other internet browser to see if it isn't cache errors. after updating
  • mattt1977mattt1977
    I have factory reset the Firmware which took it back to:
    Hardware Version : Release 5.0
    Firmware Version : Release 3.21
    (This is what I saw when I went to Device info after reset)

I immediately updated to the newest and best:

I loaded my network settings, set the time and date via SNTP, setup email alerts, and tested. Still the exact same result, I get an email with the alert, but when I click on Alert History in the web browser (I've tried Edge, IE, and Chrome) the Temperature Sensor & Gateway appears to restart, the OLED screen blanks out after a second or so and then it goes into startup . This happens each and every time I attempt to see if any alerts were logged, regardless of browser. I even cleared my cache in each browser in case that was the issue, Google Chrome was actually a fresh install as I did not have that loaded on my PC.
  • mattt1977mattt1977
    Tim said:

are you using PoE or a power adapter?
    You may try to place it on other PoE ports or use other power adapter.
    Lets say switch it on the ones that is working fine.

Tim

I am using a power adapter. I took your suggestion and plugged the offending unit into the power supply from the working ServersCheck gateway and ended up with the same result, when I click on Alert History the unit has the OLED blank out and go into startup.