BASE-WIRED Modbus TCP/IP Register Questions

Hello,

I'm setting up a BASE-WIRED module that has (Qty 2) SEC-SOUND sensors connected to it.

I need to read the sound level for each of the sensors over Modbus TCP/IP. I have been referencing the Modbus TCP User Manual and Reference Document. I've logged into the gateway over the web browser interface, set the IP address and enabled Modbus on the device.

To confirm I am able to read values over Modbus, I set up a command to read input register 30200 - this is command function #4. I've always been getting back exception code 2 though.

Can I get some help picking the correct Modbus registers to read for testing purposes, and also point out which registers would correlate to the SEC-SOUND sensor reading values?

Thanks,
Neal

Comments

• OhMySensorOhMySensor
    edited October 2020
    Here is a link of their modbus user manual
    http://manuals.serverscheck.com/InfraSensing_Modbus_manualv5.pdf
  • Neal PotvinNeal Potvin
    Thanks for the link - that manual is a newer version than the one I was referencing.

Could you explain to me which Node value I am looking to read for my setup?

It looks like Node 0 is always the internal temperature, Node 1 is PING (even though it is disabled) since I have firmware version: Release 8.10 (Jul 1 2019).

Node 2 and 3 would be my sound sensors then I'm thinking, so I would want to read registers: 30264-30265 and 30296-30297. Is that correct?

In order to vet out the Modbus communication, I've been trying to read the value of Node 0. My command is set up as a function #4 of registers 30200-30201, however, I am still getting exception code #2 as a response. Can anyone give me pointers on if that is the correct command and registers?

Thanks,
    Neal
  • OhMySensorOhMySensor
    edited October 2020
    Please do update your firmware to the latest one and can be downloaded here on their site - https://serverscheck.com/support/firmware2.asp?v=5

Have you enabled the Modbus on the settings?

I have tried it using a freeware and was able to get the Internal Temperature with address 200-201 (In the software I use is no need to enter 30200 - 30201 at front since it is already indicated that function 04 starts at 3x
  • Neal PotvinNeal Potvin
    Hello,

Thanks for the pointers - I was able to read the Internal Temperature and Sound sensor values using the address without the "30" at the beginning of the register.

I appreciate the help.

Regards,
    Neal
  • OhMySensorOhMySensor
    Glad you made it worked :)