Firmware Update For 2015 v5 Sensor Gateway

TheBurningRomTheBurningRom
Hello, wondering if there is a way to get a hold of firmware for the v5 sensor gateways that have a 2015 serial number. My gateway says it was built June 10 2016, but the serial on the bottom of the device begins with a 2015, so I'm assuming I need the older firmware which isn't available for download anymore.

Current firmware version on the device is 7.31. Not sure if there is a newer version or not.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• TheBurningRomTheBurningRom
    To add to the confusion, if you go through the process for updating a 2016 sensor gateway (which I have one of as well), there is a link for if you have a 2015 gateway. That takes you to this page where it links to a firmware 5.11 version, which seems way older than the 7.31 I have already on my 2015 serial number gateway.

https://serverscheck.com/support/firmware2.asp?v=5_0
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    If you have a support contract, then you can see the available versions for download in your account. For some customers we maintain older versions of hardware as part of such support contracts. If you do not have any support contract with us, then the online version would be the last one.

If you have a support contract, then you can see the available versions for download in your account. For some customers we maintain older versions of hardware as part of such support contracts. If you do not have any support contract with us, then the online version would be the last one.

I do not have a support contract. I am evaluating these devices we have from an old project to decide if they will fit our needs for a current project where we would purchase brand new devices. So far I am not impressed. The 2016 serial device that I do have I was able to update, but now will not connect to the cloud. It fails to resolve the server, even though the 2015 device connects to the cloud just fine.

Also, how do I have firmware version 7.31 on my 2015 device when the last version to download that is available is 5.11? We have never had a support contract for these devices according to the guy that purchased them years ago.

• AdministratorAdministrator
    edited March 2021
    TheBurningRom the units were originally delivered to your attention in 2016. Not sure what happened to the devices those past 5 years you had them. I guess if they worked until your recent upgrade, then that must be a good sign.

If you upgrade a device with a firmware not made for your hardware, then some or all features might not work. It may have been that 7.31 did work with older generations but not the firmware releases after that.

The free cloud, which was never a promoted or marketed feature of the base unit, is a feature we are no longer actively supporting. It is provided on an as-is basis until the service is discontinued or replaced by another service. For universities we do offer our free on-premises software - https://serverscheck.com/monitoring-software
    edited March 2021

TheBurningRom the units were originally delivered to your attention in 2016. Not sure what happened to the devices those past 5 years you had them. I guess if they worked until your recent upgrade, then that must be a good sign.

If you upgrade a device with a firmware not made for your hardware, then some or all features might not work. It may have been that 7.31 did work with older generations but not the firmware releases after that.

The free cloud, which was never a promoted or marketed feature of the base unit, is a feature we are no longer actively supporting. It is provided on an as-is basis until the service is discontinued or replaced by another service. For universities we do offer our free on-premises software - https://serverscheck.com/monitoring-software

A lot of equipment was delivered to my attention back then. It doesn't mean I ever handled, saw it, or even knew it was being ordered as my name was used for everything that was ordered. These devices had been sitting in a box in storage for some time before this week.

I'm still pretty confused as to why it says 5.11 is the last version available for 2015 hardware when the hardware device I have is running 7.31.

Good to know about the cloud monitoring as well. The project requires that the sensor monitoring/logging be in the cloud and not on-premises. So I guess we will have to find another option anyway if you are no longer going to have a cloud option available.
This discussion has been closed.